We've got 2 more ridiculously cute little toddlers and some older kids (like 9-11) which I think is nice for the rest of the kids to meet and it just means more and more adorable children for Alex and I to fall in love with! This week we started our Diwali celebrations by having a painting session with them of some diva and ohm pictures. It actually went surprisingly well!! The paint stayed on the paper, we didn't end up with any screaming kids and the pictures even stayed on the wall all day-a definite bonus! Next week we're planning on making/decorating some divas from clay and attempting to tell them the story of Diwali in spanish...thank god for wikipedia in spanish!!
We went to the cinema on Tuesday- Peru's version of Orange Wednesday's to see a film called Real Steel with Hugh Jackman. It must have been a popular film because we got to watch it in the big screen room! It almost felt like a cinema back in England, until the women next to us started having a chat to someone on the phone really loud and then playing her phone music to keep the baby distracted! It's really weird, here they seem to bring the whole family to watch a film, even if there are tiny babies and then toddlers who blatently can't read they all come and watch subtitles movies!? Was pretty good though, so looking forward to our next trip.
On Saturday the whole Aldea was scrubbed till it shined and all the kids were in their best clothes because they were expecting a visit from a commision group of the government in Lima and maybe even the President! We were both pretty sceptical but kept it to ourselves to see what happened, they should have arrived at 7 so by half 12 in the afternoon everyone had given up hope and we got to eat all the nibbles they'd arranged for the big event. Typically peruvian that they just didn't show up and didn't think to give any warning that they wouldn't be turning up, it just highlights how chilled the atmosphere the atmosphere is over here and makes England look seriously claustrophobic!! We went out last night for a drink at a little restaurant down the road from the Aldea and have learnt the attraction of the gringas. When we arrived it was literally empty we were the ONLY two people in there, then by the time we left it was buzzing and we managed to get quite a few stares as we left haha. I've also discovered a new love for bananas...sounds bizarre but seriously there are so many different types here they serve them everywhere-even on street corners like crisps in bags or grilled on their little portable barbecues and they are seriously seriously yummy! I'm considering adding another bag of luggage just to bring home some bananas back to England!
Today we ventured out to this hotel near the port with....a swimming pool!! Eventually, after eating breakfast (yet again, grilled banana!) then being messed around on the bus and being charged double fare because we apparently stayed on too long. I wasn't impressed but when I saw the pool I completly forgot why. It was AMAZING, it looked all jungly, surrounded by loads of funky tree houses and wooden patio areas with hammocks. We spent the morning just chilling out, swimming (!) and having our first proper peruvian coffee whilst swinging in a hammock, it was unbeliviable relaxing and utterly beautful. I can't believe it's taken us 7 weeks to find it, but now we have I'm sure it's going to become a regular little hide out it was amazing. I really wanted to bring the kids because I know they would absolutlly love but I'm sure the rest of the visitors/guests of the B&B wouldn't appreciate their crazy antics and noise that they would bring with them!
Can't think of anything else too exciting, only that i've already started counting down to Christmas and can't believe that next week we will have been here 2 months! It just doesn't seem possible that this really has become our normal day to day life-we're living in the jungle!!!!!!!!!!
chao todos!xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment