So last time I stopped on Christmas day, which was absolutly amazing! It was a seriously surreal, slightly un christmasy experience, but enjoyable. We spent the day on the beach, watching all the surfers and sunbathing-not my usual christmas day but still pretty fun! We took down all our presents (sent over from our family) and were sat on our deckchairs, chilling out under our little stripy umbrella opening all our presents, probably looking really stupid with all our wrapping paper around us but I had a really nice day. Speaking to my parents in the morning made me feel a bit more in the mood, but overall it was mostly just a nice relaxing day. Alex and I went out in the evening with some people from our hostel, there is this really cool little street called cocktail alley-literally just a street with loads and loads of stalls all making amazing yummy fresh cocktails so we had a bit of a party in the evening. I've also decided that after drinking all those amazing cocktails, drinks in England are just never going to be the same, they're nowhere near as big, or strong or have the whole fresh fruit grown around the area vibe going for them!
Right now we're back in Guayaquil, waiting in the bus station for our night bus back into Peru over to Mancora, which I'm pretty excited about because it's a 2 floor bus with beds!! Unfortunately we didn't make it onto the 2nd floor but still, we're going to be in a bed-on a bus!! Crazy stuff. We also realised last night that we managed to mess up our New Year booking for Mancora so we won't be staying in Loki with all the other Peru girls which I was really looking forward too. We'll hopfully find somewhere else that we'll be able to stay in over new year and then end up spending the night as a guest with all the other girls...should be eventful either way though.
We'll let you know how that one works out. Happy new year guys :)
No comments:
Post a Comment