So I feel like I have loads and loads to write about but I'll try to cut down my rambling...so flew into Lima from Iquitos and stayed with Evie and Hannah in their aldea for the night which was pretty cool. It was really really interesting seeing their aldea and how much bigger it is, they've got 300 kids which was just crazy-especially compared to our tiny aldea of like 60 kids. It was also amazing spending time with friends and being able to chat in English! I'd completly not realised how much I miss having other english conversation around, it just made me even more excited for Mancora when we'll be together with all the other Peru girls.
So we flew from Lima to Tumbes on the boarder of Peru but decided just to get a bus straight out of it up to Guayaquil because it was just really deserty and there didn't look like it had a lot around it...We arrived in Guayaquil at like 1 in the morning and ended up in a hostel with hot water! That was completly amazing, our first hot shower in 4 months...not that you really want one in Iquitos but still it was awesome.
On the Monday we got in contact with Alex's friend who moved out to Guayaquil to live with her Ecuadorian boyfriend and invited us to stay with her for a night. We ended up staying with them for the rest of our time in Guayaquil and it was seriously incredible! They were both amazing, Alex and I loved every minute of it and we got to see so many more bits that I don't think we would have done on our own. I also really noticed an improvement in our spanish-just from talking it around people our own ages and not children all the time, we even learnt some new spanish swear words haha! So we pretty spent all the time from Monday evening till Friday with Rosa and her boyfriend Jaime but it was lovely, they took us out to spend time on the malecon and made us some amazing meals! It was such a change not eating rice for every meal, we've learnt a few things I'm pretty keen to try making in the aldea to have a break from the rice.
I fell in love with the city, we spent a lot of time around the malecon area which is like a pathway all along the river and it has this amazing like sunken garden with a bit of a river and everywhere was so so clean! There were guards or police men everywhere and they just keep an eye on everything which made it feel really you were being watched whereever you were! We had a bit of a touristy day on our own on Thursday and went up Las Peñas which was sort of a shanti town that you can walk up but all the houses have been painted loads of bright colours-paid for by the governement and you can walk around it and get an amazing view across the whole city if you climb right up to the top. It was seriously hot-probably because we started it at half 12 so it couldn't have got any hotter but it was definitely worth it!
We headed up to Monatñita on Friday by bus from Guayaquil and so far absolutly LOVING every single second of it here! So far so good! I still can't believe it's Christmas because it just doesn't feel christmasy at all. I'll try and get some christmasy pictures of it up next time...chao :) and happy christmas to everyone!xx
No comments:
Post a Comment